First looks have been a topic of discussion lately. Even the most traditional couples opt to see each other for photos before they say “I Do”. Wedding first looks are considered nontraditional by some but I’m going share 5 reasons why Mitten Weddings and Event’s loves them! Your photographer and I will work together to find a private and beautiful area free of distractions.
1. To avoid sacrificing photos you were hoping to get and feeling rushed, first looks allow you to take 80% of your photos beforehand! How cool is that? You can actually enjoy cocktail hour, socialize with your guests, and enjoy all of those tasty hors d'oeuvres you choose.
2. It will calm your nerves being able to see each other before the ceremony and lessen the stress of walking down the aisle. Grooms feel more relaxed when they are at the altar and feel less pressure from their guest looking for his reaction. Mom's might be bummed they might not see him cry but at least he will be smiling and not biting his lip trying to hold it together. You would be surprised how amazing the photos will turn out when you say I do!
3. If you are a crier and worried about your mascara running first looks allow you time to touch up your makeup before the ceremony.
4. Seeing each other before hand is a rare moment that allows couples to spend time alone with each other. A first look allows your groom to tell you how beautiful you are and give you a hug and a kiss. It is an intimate moment shared just the two of you and the photographer of course! Take a seconded to hit pause and take in the moment.
5. If you getting married in the fall or winter it is super important to get your photos done before the sun goes down. Natural light is essential for outdoor photos. The first look allows you to get in all your photo’s before running out of daylight.
It is helpful to consider a two person team of photographers to get photos at each angle or even a potion where you can see both of your faces!
By no means does Mitten Weddings and Events require first looks, I love the traditional walk down the isle and you can easily move up the ceremony to avoid a timeline disaster. It’s your wedding day and it will be beautiful no matter what you choose to do!
Mitten Weddings and Events is a full service wedding planning and coordinating company servicing metro Detroit, Michigan and beyond!
Welcome to Mitten Weddings and Events blog! I’m Meagan McPhail, and I love cultivating vibrant weddings for Michigan and Metro Detroit couples. I hope you enjoy viewing my latest work. I’m thrilled you stopped by!