Happy Spring Everyone! Today I have a special guest on Mitten Weddings and Event’s blog to freshen up your makeup! Ashley from Makeup by Ashley specializes in onsite wedding airbrush makeup in metro Detroit and she is sharing her makeup secretes with you!
Your wedding day is one of the most photographed events of your life and you want to look timeless for years to come. Look your best in your wedding pictures by avoiding these top 5 wedding makeup faux pas.
1. Not booking a makeup trial. A trial is typically an additional cost but totally worth it. Schedule your trial on your bridal shower or a night out with the girls at least 2-3 months before you say “I DO”. If some reason you aren't happy with the first trial, you will have time to try another option. I always recommended wearing a white or ivory top for the makeup trial to mimic your wedding dress.
2. Experimenting with makeup on your wedding day. This is not the day to try a new look with red lipstick or smoky eyes for the first time. On your wedding day, you should look like the best version of yourself, simply accentuated with makeup. Look through The Knot magazines and Pinterest for women with similar eye shape and tones you love. If you have any photos of yourself where you particularly like or dislike your makeup, bring those along. If you want to play up one area, making your eyes or lips bold, do it, just be sure to only choose one feature to accentuate
3. Over applying foundation or wearing the wrong color. Your makeup artist should always test a small area to find the perfect match. Try and stay away from an SPF formula as this can cause the face to look white in flash photography. I love using air brush makeup and it creates beautiful close up beauty shots.
Eli Green Photography, Milford Michigan
4. Neglecting the rest of your body. Makeup doesn't end at your jaw line, it’s important to have an even blend on your neck and back as well. Use a non-transferable shimmer lotion, or blend a few drops of foundation in with your lotion.
5. Don’t hold back on waterproof formulas. Use waterproof mascara and water resistant foundation. If you know you’re going to cry on your wedding day NEVER wipe tears and always dab them to avoid smearing makeup. Air brush foundation is water resistant, long wear, great for all ages and all skin types. I love to use Too Faced “Better Than Sex” mascara. I’m really excited they now carry it in waterproof!
Developed. Photography By Andrea, Auburn Hills Michigan
Welcome to Mitten Weddings and Events blog! I’m Meagan McPhail, and I love cultivating vibrant weddings for Michigan and Metro Detroit couples. I hope you enjoy viewing my latest work. I’m thrilled you stopped by!