I love wedding planning and getting to know each couples family and friends. I get the opportunity to work with amazing vendors like Megan Renae Studios and this sweet little flower girl!
Photo Credit: Megan Renae Studios
At Mitten Weddings and Events, we are here to help you and your wedding party get down the aisle with ease. Here are some ways we make your day a little easier:
1) Lining the wedding party - We always give our attendants a last call for powder room touch ups before the ceremony is ready to begin.
2) Cueing the music and signaling the DJ or entertainment - Whether you have 1 or 5 songs to walk down the aisle to, we will be there to ensure your Dj or entertainment has the timing just right.
3) Reminding the bridal party to smile and hold their bouquets at their belly button - Ladies get nervous and forget to smile for the photographer and hold their bouquets to high, we are there to remind everyone what looks best for your photos.
4) Helping flower girls and ring bearers get down the aisle - Whether it’s holding their hand down the aisle or making sure they see their grandparent to run to, we love helping the little ones be a part of your special day.
5) Getting the bride down the aisle - We're there to remind her to take 3 deep breaths and smile, as she approaches her husband to be. We ensure her dress is fluffed and the layers are arranged perfectly.
FINALLY I get to share my styled shoot picked up by Wedding Chicks with you! Bright + colorful florals, and romantic twinkle lights throughout, its no wonder why we’re totally smitten over these glam industrial wedding ideas... Check out the feature HERE!
Photographers: Shanell Photography
Venues & Officiants: The Ford Piquette Avenue Plant
Coordinators & Stylists: Mitten Wedding and Events
Bridal apparel : The Dress Shop
Details (Chair signs): Fancy Face Studio
Paper Goods & Calligraphy: Holly Thomas
Cakes & Catering: Brooke's Cookies & Cakes
Rentals: Event Source
Flowers: Personage Events
Groom & His Men: Main Street Tuxes
Jewelry: Coughlin Jewelers
Health & Beauty: B's Makeup Artistry
According to The Knot 55% of couples are choosing to use a hashtag for their special day. Having your own hashtag makes it easy to collect all of your guests photos, it the modern Polaroid! Wedding Wire makes it super easy create your own unique hashtag.
Fill in the fields and VOLIA!
If your hashtag is already taken add the year your getting married or wedding venue. Don't be afraid to make fun! Janelle and Matt selected #meetthemichels.
I can’t get enough of Janelle and Matt’s whimsical engagement session at Stoney Creek Metro Park, Michigan. They have set a wedding date in August on the west side of Michigan and these photos are just a sneak peek into their enchanted woodsy wedding!
Check out a few of my favorite photos taken by the super talented Kendal of Ostara Photography. She is based out of southern California and I can’t wait to collaborate with her on this wedding.
Welcome to Mitten Weddings and Events blog! I’m Meagan McPhail, and I love cultivating vibrant weddings for Michigan and Metro Detroit couples. I hope you enjoy viewing my latest work. I’m thrilled you stopped by!